The Talent Sourcer is responsible for achieving strategic HR staffing objectives by the recruitment of qualified professionals. This would include using various channels to look for potential candidates, connecting with passive candidates and building strong talent pipelines for future hiring needs.
Primary Objectives of the Talent Sourcer
- Meets with Senior Talent Acquisition Partner to review candidate status or to discuss new requirements, position specifications and develop a staffing plan that includes sourcing strategies, proper advertising, and discussing other means of candidate generation.
- Sources qualified candidates for position openings from all available approved sources, such as: Networking, Internet databased searches, incoming resume reviewing, industry research etc.
- Perform complex research, networking, and analysis to develop active and passive candidate pipelines.
- Evaluates candidates to determine qualifications as compared to hiring specifications primarily via phone interviews.
- Accountable for following Talent Acquisition industry standard processes, internal policies, best practices, EEO/AA, and other legal requirements.
- Follow established administrative processes and follow-ups which include reference checking, interview write-ups, ongoing candidate-follow-up-written and phone, editing job postings, etc.
- Promote our employer brand online and offline.
- Candidate must work well independently with a high level of responsibility and be comfortable in a process-oriented environment.
Knowledge / Skills / Personal Characteristics
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily, as assigned. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Experience with recruiting, technical recruiting a plus
- Familiarity with LinkedIn and Applicant Tracking Systems
- Hands-on experience with sourcing techniques (e.g. recruiting on social platforms and crafting Boolean search strings)
- Proven candidate sourcing and relationship building skills
- Excellent computer skills with Microsoft business applications software, Internet sources, or other HRIS - staffing systems
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- General knowledge of various employment laws and practices
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Skills in database management and record keeping
- Ability to maintain the highly confidential nature of human resources work
- Excellent organizational skills
- Able to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner
- Gather and analyze information skillfully
Experience & Education
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent in Business, Human Resources or related field
- Minimum two years of corporate recruitment and/or sourcing experience with specific knowledge of effective sourcing strategies and techniques.
- Professional in Human Resources (PHR) certification or equivalent preferred.