The Supply Chain supervisor will provide the leadership necessary to support plant and company goals by ensuring that materials are well scheduled, evaluated and accurately delivered on time.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
Assume responsibility for understanding and meeting all material needs required for successful manufacturing operations and inventory control.
Provide leadership and direction for day to day purchasing and materials activities. Ensure departmental performance by establishing policies and processes that ensure performance, innovation and accountability.
Maintain strong internal and external supplier relationships and supports the materials team as key contacts in supplier relationships.
Collaborate, communicate and inform as needed interdepartmentally and with key contacts in Warroad and other locations.
Develops and coaches department employees by mentoring, training and communicating job expectations.
Initiate, encourage and drive process improvements to increase efficiency, decrease costs, improve the workplace and maximize customer satisfaction.
Manage inventory to optimize consumption and minimize excess/obsolescence for new products and end-of-life.
1. Highly analytical with significant experience with Excel; able to extract and analyze data.
2. In-depth understanding of material quality requirements and supply chain strategies and tactics.
3. Proven success at development, implementation and timely completion of process improvement projects
4. Able to prioritize and manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment; show a sense of urgency.
5. Consistent professional approach with interpersonal communication, both verbal and written
6. Detailed and meticulous with good organizational skills
7. Able to quickly and calmly solve problems while under pressure
8. High level of customer service skills
1. Bachelor’s degree in a related field
2. 5+ years of experience in materials, purchasing, and/or supply chain management; or a similar combination of education and experience
3. Experience in a complex, high-volume manufacturing setting preferred
4. Demonstrated leadership ability