Be a product-passionate collaborator by acting as a key resource on assigned products – both internally and externally. Put customers at the center of development projects by maintaining a strong understanding of needs and the market. Collaborate cross-functionally to ensure that products are differentiated in ways that reinforce our brand-level value propositions. Leverage strong product marketing fundamentals to assist decision making in project prioritization and innovation processes. Keys for success will be a demonstrated ability to collaborate cross functionally, demonstrated market and product knowledge, an ability to support a recommendation with data, and strong communication skills.
Position can be located at Eagan, MN, Warroad, MN, or Fargo, ND.
Major Roles and Responsibilities
Cross-Functional Product Development (75%)
- Provide marketing support to cross-functional development teams.
- Represent Voice of the Customer through a Stage-Gate product development process.
- Ensure project teams quickly reach decisions that help balance customer and business objectives.
- Translate product launch core benefits to inform successful go-to-market strategies.
- Ownership of pricing strategy for each new product launch, with assistance of Pricing Department.
Input into Product Strategy (10%)
- Develop and substantiate a point of view on how to generate incremental growth, in line with the product strategy for an assigned category.
- Actively participate in portfolio level project review and selection process.
- Gather customer and market needs, including synthesizing market research data, market, and competitive trends; monitor and manage product option sales information.
Product Expertise (10%)
- Act as internal expert on assigned products and/or focus areas.
- Ensure product differentiation and value are represented consistently at all customer touch points.
- Create core content that accurately communicates product differentiation.
- Maintain thorough understanding of competitive product line strengths and weaknesses.
- Heavy input into long-range product plans.
Marketing & Sales Support (5%)
- Support departmental improvement initiatives.
- Input into monthly & annual planning, forecasting, and goal-setting.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Thinking & Deciding:
- Curiosity for ideas; resourceful; solution-oriented; critical/analytical thinking.
- Possesses a natural ability for learning quickly and understanding technical information.
- Ability to form and support recommendations based on relevant data/information.
- Solid understanding of basic business and marketing fundamentals.
- Passion for product and product development.
Relating to People:
- Dynamic ability to collaborate with an core focus on making teams successful.
- Strong presentation skills and an ability to communicate at all levels of the organization.
- Customer focus.
- Ability to work autonomously and with minimal direction.
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities and make things happen in a fast-paced, dynamic environment; bias for action.
- Detail-oriented; time management; accountable.
- High energy, self-directed, highly confident, and self-motivated.
Builds trust; integrity; ethical behavior.
High level of proficiency in MS Excel and PowerPoint
Ability to travel, including some overnights (approximately 25%)
- Bachelor’s degree in business or marketing
- MBA with a marketing emphasis is highly desired
- 1 to 4 years of related and successful work experience in product marketing, new product development, or product management is required