At Marvin Windows & Doors, we have Careers – Built around you. ™ Work for a company that knows the value of its employees and works with you to develop your career goals.
We will have internships within the Research and Development Department at our Warroad, MN location for the summer of 2019.
These positions will be involved with our R&D team on a variety of different projects which are very flexible based on the student’s area of expertise and interest.
Internships will range from 3-8 months based on Students’ availability, area of expertise and interests. Time frames could include May-August and May-December. (Please indicate the period of time you are interested in interning)
Responsibilities may include:
• Plan, conduct and report on research projects scaled to the length of the internship
•Complete and document projects in an early product development environment
• Project work related to research, prototype and testing of mechanisms and electronic devices
• Engineering structural and thermal analysis with common finite element analysis software tools and hand calculations; professionally communicate and document results
• Product and material testing including planning, analysis and reporting on the testing. Tests could include: Unit structural, air, water and durability testing, mechanical and physical testing of materials, material durability testing, and material analysis
• Equipment calibration procedure development and documentation
• Prototype shop operations – learn to run equipment and support production of rapid prototype models
Skills and Abilities:
• 0 to 5 years design, analysis and project management experience
• Ability to work independently and in a team environment
• Sound written and verbal communication skills
• Strong computer skills (Word, Excel, Outlook)
• Experience with 2D AutoCAD, Inventor, and/or ProE preferred
• Mechanical aptitude
• Actively pursuing BS in one of the following disciplines (2nd year or higher preferred):
o Mechanical Engineering, Electrical engineering, Bio-systems engineering
o Industrial Technology, Building Science
o Mechanical Engineering with Chemistry/Polymers focus, Chemical Engineering, Materials Science or Engineering.
o Possible combination of above degrees with business/economics or math/statistics courses
NOTE: This employer will not sponsor VISA candidates for this position.