Modern Swinging Door
The Modern Swinging Door, from the Marvin Signature® Collection, pairs pure modern aesthetic with category-leading performance for design flexibility to create with confidence. Available in inswing or outswing, our Modern Swinging Door is engineered with the same innovative modular system that allows all Modern products to be joined together, making it possible to create large, floor-to-ceiling configurations without sacrificing thermal performance, even in the harshest of climates. And like the entire Marvin Modern portfolio, the minimalist hardware, narrow sightlines, and meticulous attention to every detail gives you the freedom to experience the full potential of modern design.
Features of the Modern Swinging Door
- Inswing or Outswing
- Stile and rail dimensions – 3 3/8”
- Robust 2 1/4” standard panel thickness Narrow 3” stiles and rails, regardless of configuration or size
- Minimalist handle and escutcheon
- Two 7” adjustable hinges per panel, all heights up to 12’
- Ability to mull Modern windows and swing doors directly to swing door jambs
- Available in X, O, XO, OX, and XX configurations with unequal panel widths
- Panels can reach heights up to 12 feet, operating widths of 4 feet, and stationary widths up to 12 feet
- Units with tripane insulated glass achieve U-Values as low as 0.19
Carefully curated to meet the exacting principles and aesthetic standards of true modern architecture, Marvin Modern offers a color palette inspired by the elements. Choose split interior and exterior color finishes or matching finishes designed to coordinate.Selected:
The Modern product line features an intentionally selected, low-gloss interior color palette that evokes the elemental nature of modern design. Choose split interior and exterior color finishes or matching finishes designed to coordinate.Selected:
Featuring a unique and minimalist design with square corners and vertical slide locks, Modern door hardware minimizes visual distraction and maintains sleek sightlines. All fasteners are stainless steel, and a multi-point lock engages when the door is closed for a secure lock and tight seal from top to bottom.
- Multipoint lock
- Sleek Design for unobstructed views
- Two 7” adjustable hinges on all panels up to 12’
*Hardware styles shown are available in all finish options below.
The Modern Multi-Slide Door is designed to work with three sill options to complement a modern lifestyle. If a smooth transition from indoors to out or ADA compliance is important, a Flush Sill in weather-protected areas or a High Performance Sill rated and certified for performance when exposed to weather conditions is available. When performance is a priority and a sill does not need to be recessed, our Performance Sill offers an ideal option.Selected:
Decorative GlassA variety of decorative glass options are available to meet the unique needs of each project, and laminated glazing is also available in clear, bronze, gray, or green with tinted interlayers.Selected:
*Not all decorative glass is compatible with all products. Check with your dealer for a recommendation on which glass is right for your project. Images may not be an accurate representation.
Selecting the right options for large expanses of glass is an important aspect for balancing wide open views with energy efficiency. Choose from dual pane or triple pane glass with Low E coatings and Argon or Krypton-Argon blend insulating gas. Variations are available to help meet climate and performance requirements across the country, described in more detail on our glass page.
Our retractable Screen is discretely concealed when not in use
- Exterior-applied for Inswing doors
- Interior-applied for Outswing doors
- Screen frames available in Stone White, Bronze, Ebony, Gunmetal or Clear Anodized finish colors with sills in Ebony or Bronze.
- Handles in either Black or White