Wilmont Crossing is a mixed-use, senior living facility featuring 47 apartments, a community center and 9,000 square foot retail space on the ground floor. The goal of architect Joan O’Riordan of O’Riordan Migani Architects was to create human scale through massing, proportion, window fenestration and use of decorative elements such as sun screening ‘eyebrow’ roof canopies. The fenestration on the upper levels of the building, where the apartments are located, creates a welcoming residential feeling through the design of the windows, exterior trim and the sun shades.
According to O’Riordan, “Tenants of multi-family institutional facilities deserve a meaningful image of home to foster a residential environment.” O’Riordan further stated that Integrity® All Ultrex® Casement, Awning and Double Hung Windows gave them total flexibility in fenestration layout, proportion, human scale, energy efficiency, durability, accessibility and cost, which was critical to make this project a success. Wilmont Crossing’s units are airy, sunlit and spacious thanks to the innovative design of the All Ultrex window fenestration system.
INTEGRITY ALL ULTREX WINDOWS ARE BUILT TOUGHER, LAST LONGER AND PROTECT BETTER.
• With more than 20 years serving mixed-use retail/condominium projects, Integrity’s current installations are proof that Ultrex pultruded fiberglass lives up to its claims for strength and durability over the long-term.
• Ultrex pultruded fiberglass is 8x stronger than vinyl for a more durable window to provide long-term performance.*
• Unmatched aesthetics, quality and reliability. Tough, dependable, non-corrosive and low-maintenance Ultrex construction makes All Ultrex windows the best value for performance and sustainability.
• Integrity Ultrex’s patented finish is the first and only to be AAMA verified 624-10:** The industry’s best fiberglass finish resists fading, chalking, scratching and cracking to keep your project looking good for years to come.
* Comparison of flexural modulus.
** The Ultrex patented acrylic cap finish is verified AAMA 623-10 and 624-10, and has passed the AAMA 625-10 lab based performance test protocols; 625-10 outdoor weathering test protocols in process.