LOCATION: Montauk Point, NY
PROJECT TYPE: New Construction
PRODUCT SERIES: Wood-Ultrex, IMPACT
PRODUCT TYPES: Double Hung
The weather out on Montauk Point, at the very tip of Long Island, certainly runs from one extreme to the other. Winters often have temperatures that dip way below freezing, and summer temperatures can soar close to 100 degrees. Homes situated out here are exposed to mighty winds and the ravages of moisture and salt air year round.
When local resident, Anthony Lauto was renovating a coastal dream home,he knew he had to choose products to stand up to these harsh coastal conditions. He also wanted to maintain affordable carrying costs, and achieve maximum sustainability for the future with LEED certification (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) from the U.S. Green Building Council. This demonstrates that a building meets stringent standards of environment and public health excellence.
Mr. Lauto, acting as his own General Contractor, selected Wood-Ultrex® “Manufactured by one of the finest window companies in the world, it’s a name I know, and trust. And Ultrex fiberglass construction with IMPACT products offer a virtually indestructible, thermal performing, coastal rated,environmentally friendly, energy efficient window”. For added sustainability,geothermal heating and cooling were used. Not only did this home receive LEED certification, the first electric bill was only $6.11.
Integrity Wood-Ultrex provided the perfect solution for this project:
• Revolutionary Ultrex fiberglass offers superior resistance to wind, rain,heat and time
• A patented finishing process resists fading and chalking with less expansion and contraction
• Ultrex takes considerably less energy to create than most other window and door materials.
• IMPACT Products with IZ3 ratings not only meet building codes, they can withstand flying debris, pressure changes, and winds speeds up to 140 mph
• All products meet or exceed ENERGY STAR® performance qualifications