LOCATION: South Bend, IN
PROJECT TYPE: HUD Funded Commercial Replacement
PRODUCT SERIES: All Ultrex
PRODUCT TYPES: Single Hung
A commercial building in South Bend, IN was in need of some updates,including window replacement. Since the building was a rental property,the Architects and Maintenance Staff were concerned about the strength,durability and sustainability of the replacement windows. The existing vinyl windows had not held up over time, and the hardware was failing.
This project posed some unique challenges that had to be met:
• The windows had to hold up to the high turnover of a rental property
• Project timelines were set in stone, so lead time was a key factor in selection
• Energy efficiency and keeping energy costs down was crucial
• The replacement windows had to be able to be repainted and repaired,if necessary, which can not be done on vinyl
• The units were occupied at the time of work so speed and neatness of the installation was a huge priority
Considering the scope, time constraints and specifications of the project, All Ultrex® was the obvious choice - a high performance window that offered commercial-grade strength, toughness and durability. The Dealer Rep provided the Maintenance Staff with a prototype unit they could install themselves. All parties involved were impressed with the ease of installation, the fit and finish and the incredible lead-time. They also noted that Ultrex fiberglass can be repainted and repaired easily, which is extremely important for a rental property.
Integrity All Ultrex products provided the perfect solution for this project:
-Revolutionary Ultrex fiberglass offers superior resistance to wind, rain,heat and time.
-The taupe color of the product selected coordinated with existing interiors,and the new windows were able to butt up against existing wall board, so interior wall work was minimal
-All products meet or exceed ENERGY STAR® performance qualifications
-Industry leading 10 calendar-day lead time