Marvin's chain-and-pulley double hung window honored as one the Best New Products of 2012
By John Kirchner
September 24, 2012
In the August issues of Professional Builder and Professional Remodeler (both of these major trade magazines come from the same publishing company), the editors have compiled a list of the 101 Best New Products of 2012. The annual list offers a glimpse into the latest and greatest products in the building industry.
Marvin Windows and Doors was included on this important list, with the editors recognizing our chain-and-pulley double hung window — an ideal product for adding authenticity to historical renovation or old-world warmth to new construction. The editors wrote:
For clients who want to achieve a historic look but with modern performance, Marvin Signature Services offers a chain-and-pulley double-hung window unit. Available as double or single hung and in a variety of rectangular sash or radius shapes, the solid-wood window features concealed weatherstripping, providing energy efficiency without compromising architectural lines.
Making it onto this list is no small task. Editors put each product through the same rigid criteria:
- Does it create a new product category?
- Does it advance an existing product category?
- Does it greatly reduce costs on labor or material?
- Does it enhance design/style?
- Does it improve energy efficiency/performance?
- Does it make life easier for homeowners/builders/contractors?
- Does it reduce the product’s or home’s impact on the environment?
Learn more about our chain-and-pulley double hung and our other great windows and doors at Marvin.com.