Five Tasks for the Spring
By Berit Griffin, Marvin Windows
April 7, 2010
It’s important to keep up with your home maintenance, especially now that winter is over. Lots of attention is paid to spring cleaning, but what about the outside of your house? It needs and deserves a little TLC as well. Via Calfinder, we found some great tips to make sure your home’s exterior looks and performs at its best:
- Check your exterior paint: Obviously, this is a huge part of making your house look good. Who wants chipped or fading paint? But outside paint problems can clue you in to if wood siding is rotting. So get out there and see what’s going on.
- Clean the gutters: trust us, it may not be the most fun job in the world, but it’s even worse if it rains. Now you’ve got soggy leaves to clean out, and might even be risking mold issues.
- Check the air conditioner: this way, by the time it’s ready to be used, it will be ready to go. Keeping your AC in top shape can lower your cooling bills. Don’t forget to change the filters!
- Inspect windows and doors: you’ll want to make sure that they aren’t drafty.
- While you’re on a home maintenance kick, Calfinder recommends you step inside and fix your tile’s grout.
With just a few simple tasks, you can keep your home looking fresh and clean for spring!