Marvin respects the privacy of its customers and users of this web site (the “Site”). This Privacy Statement discloses how we collect and use information on the Site, and the choices that you can make about the way your information is collected and used.
- INFORMATION COLLECTION
- The information we collect on or through our Site may include:
- Information You Provide to Us. Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Site, for example, when requesting product information or registering for a promotion we sponsor.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including e-mail addresses), if you contact us.
- Your search queries on the Site.
- Information you post or supply for posting on public areas of the Site.
- Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies. As you navigate through and interact with the Site, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Site, including traffic data, location data, logs and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Site.
- Information about your device and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system and browser type.
- The technologies we use for automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of the Site may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from and on our Site. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies. For information about managing your privacy and security settings for Flash cookies, see Transparency and Choice.
- Web Beacons. Pages of the Site and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs. pixel tags and single-pixel gifs) that permit us, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an e-mail and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain web site content and verifying system and server integrity).
- We or our advertisers may tie automatically collected information to personal information about you that we collect from other sources or you provide to us.
- INFORMATION USE
- We use the information we collect from the Site to improve the Site and our services. We use information you provide to us for the purposes stated at the point of collection – for example, to respond to your request for product information. We may also use information we collect from the Site to contact you in the future with respect to new products, options or promotional offers we think may be of interest to you. Users who have provided information in the past may opt-out of receiving future information by following the opt-out procedures below; see Transparency and Choice.
- We and our third party advertisers also may use information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking). We do not control any third parties' tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly. For information about how you can opt out of receiving targeted advertising from some providers, see Transparency and Choice.
- INFORMATION SHARING
- Marvin may share user information with its parent, affiliates, subsidiaries, and its network of distributors, dealers, and other channel partners. Marvin may also share user information with third parties which Marvin has engaged to provide a particular service, such as an advertising service. In the event Marvin sells or acquires business assets or concerns, in whole or in part, Marvin may transfer user information in conjunction with such sale or acquisition.
- CONSENT TO PRIVACY STATEMENT
- By providing the information requested by the Site, or by continuing to use the Site after having an opportunity to review the Privacy Statement, you have consented to the terms of the Privacy Statement, and Marvin’s use of the information it collects as described at the point of collection or in this Privacy Statement. If you do not agree to the Privacy Statement, you may not use the Site.
- Marvin reserves the right to modify the Privacy Statement at any time without giving you prior notice. Your use of the Site following any such modification constitutes your agreement to follow and be bound by the Privacy Statement as modified. The last date the Privacy Statement was revised is set forth below.
- TRANSPARENCY AND CHOICE
- We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. The following options are available to provide you with control over your information:
- Future Promotional Offers. If you do not wish to receive future promotional offers from us via your email or physical address, please Contact Us. If we have sent you a promotional e-mail, you may unsubscribe following the procedures described in the email.
- Targeted Advertising. You can prevent some targeted behavioral advertising by disabling browser cookies. Additionally, some third party advertisers may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way; you can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative ("NAI") on the NAI's web site.
- California Residents. Pursuant to California Civil Code Section § 1798.83, users of the Site who are California residents may request their personal information not be shared with other companies (for example, Marvin’s distribution channel partners) for marketing purposes. To opt out, please Contact Us.
- ACCESS/CORRECTION OF YOUR INFORMATION
- To request access to review data about you that Marvin has collected and stored, please Contact Us. If you believe that an error has been made in the accuracy of the data collected from you, you may request that the information be corrected by sending a request to the addresses below. To help protect your privacy and security, Marvin may attempt to verify your identity before granting access or making corrections.
- SECURITY OF THE DATA COLLECTED
- The Site is not a secure web site. Marvin cannot and does not ensure or warrant the security of any information transmitted over the Internet, or maintained in our systems. You agree that any data transmission you make or receive through the Site is at your own risk.
- MISCELLANEOUS PROVISIONS
- Children and Privacy
- The Site is not intended for use by children. Marvin encourages parents and guardians to be familiar with the web sites their children visit. The Federal Trade Commission ("FTC") regulates the means by which web site operators collect and use personal information from children under 13, pursuant to the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 (“COPPA”). For more information about COPPA and children's on-line privacy in general, visit the FTC's web site at https://www.ftc.gov.
- Other Sites
- The Site may contain links to other web sites and may contain third party pixels or other embedded means of facilitating online interaction with other web sites. Marvin does not control and is not responsible for the privacy policies or the content of any other web site.
- Disclaimer of Liability
- Children and Privacy
- If for some reason you believe that Marvin has not adhered to the Privacy Statement, please notify us at the addresses below. Marvin will endeavor to respond to your concerns and, when appropriate, take steps to correct a problem.
- CONTACT INFORMATION
- If you have any questions about this Privacy Statement, the practices of this Site, or your dealings with this Site, you may Contact us, or send a letter via U.S. Mail to:
- Web Site Administrator
2020 Silver Bell Road, Suite 15
Eagan, MN 55122
©Copyright 2019, Marvin Lumber and Cedar Co, All Rights Reserved.
DATE OF LAST MODIFICATION
July 25, 2019