THE BEACH HOUSE PROJECT
Located directly on the beach in Ocean Isle, North Carolina, this magnificent three-story home offers stunning, panoramic views of the Atlantic Ocean. The challenge for Blue Sky Building Company of Shallotte, North Carolina, was to design and build a beach house that complements this ocean-front community’s architectural style while standing up to a harsh ocean-salt environment. The architect’s plans called for strong, durable hurricane impact-rated windows and doors that had the enduring beauty of rich, warm wood interiors.
Integrity® IMPACT (IZ3) and Integrity Wood-Ultrex® windows and doors proved to be the perfect choice for the project. The variety of WoodUltrex Casement, Awning, Double Hung, Glider, Polygon and Round Top Windows along with Outswing and Sliding French Doors gave the architect the freedom to design this beautiful beach house without compromising aesthetics or mandatory impact-rated performance standards. Integrity IMPACT (IZ3) windows and doors are engineered to stand up to the toughest coastal conditions making Integrity windows and doors the ultimate choice for harsh, seaside environments.
INTEGRITY IMPACT WINDOWS AND DOORS WITH AN IZ3 PERFORMANCE RATING BEAUTIFULLY MEET COASTAL STORM REQUIREMENTS WITHOUT UNSIGHTLY REINFORCEMENTS.
• Integrity offers a line of Impact Zone 3 performance rated products.
• Integrity IMPACT products are engineered to remain airtight, watertight and secure during driving coastal rains and heavy winds up to 140 mph.
• IMPACT Casement Window’s clean sight lines and generous proportions enhance any view, while the rich wood interiors are impressive inside the storm.
• Integrity IMPACT windows and doors feature laminated Low E glass and are available with corrosion-resistant coastal hardware.
• Integrity’s Ultrex pultruded fiberglass is the first and only finish to be verified to AAMA’s (American Architectural Manufacturers Association) 624-10 finish specifications*. Ultrex is proven to resist fading, chalking, scratching and cracking in all types of climates.
*The Ultrex patented acrylic cap finish is verified AAMA 623-10 and 624-10, and has passed the AAMA 625-10 lab based performance test protocols; 625-10 outdoor weathering test protocols in process.
THE BEACH HOUSE PROJECT
NAME: The Beach House
LOCATION: Ocean Isle Beach, NC
PRODUCT TYPE: New Construction, Coastal
BUILDING TYPE: Residential
PRODUCT SERIES: Wood-Ultrex Impact
PRODUCT TYPES: Casement, Awning, Double Hung, Glider, Polygon, Round Top, Outswing French Door,Sliding French Door
BUILDER/ARCHITECT: Luke Perisich, Blue Sky Building Company
Integrity Wood-Ultrex CasementIntegrity Wood-Ultrex IMPACT CasementIntegrity Wood-Ultrex Double HungIntegrity Wood-Ultrex IMPACT Double HungIntegrity Wood-Ultrex GliderIntegrity Wood-Ultrex PolygonIntegrity Wood-Ultrex IMPACT PolygonIntegrity Wood-Ultrex Series Round TopIntegrity Wood-Ultrex Outswing French DoorIntegrity Wood-Ultrex IMPACT Outswing French DoorIntegrity Wood-Ultrex Sliding French DoorIntegrity Wood-Ultrex IMPACT Sliding French DoorIntegrity Wood-Ultrex AwningIntegrity Wood-Ultrex IMPACT Awning