Marvin Displays Unique Windows Created by Noted Artists for myMarvin ProjectBy Marvin Windows
Inspired by leading artists, Marvin Windows and Doors is creating amazing windows unlike any others — and several are on display at Marvin’s IBS booth C4633.
Marvin, the nation’s premier manufacturer of made-to-order wood and clad wood windows, asked some of the premier names in art and design to createtheir own “dream windows.” Now, the myMarvin Project is bringing those artistic visions to life with the inspired craftsmanship that’s been the company’s hallmark for 98 years.
At myMarvin.com, viewers will find the original designs and the real-life, hand-built windows inspired by legendary graphic designer Milton Glaser; architect and best-selling author Sarah Susanka; environmental designer Karim Rashid; photographer Mark Laita; and TV host and garden home designer P. Allen Smith.
After the artists submitted their designs, skilled craftsmen hand-built each window at Marvin’s manufacturing facility in Warroad, Minn., a small town in northern Minnesota six miles from the Canadian border.
Videos on the site feature the artists discussing their inspiration and tracing the development of their original “dream window” designs. It’s a fascinating look at the creative spirit of these amazing artists.
MyMarvin.com also offers homeowners an array of tools and tips, both creative and practical, to help them bring their own visions to life. Visitors to the site will find:
- An interactive room design tool that lets users try out a variety of room styles, furnishings, accessories and windows
- Information on the latest trends in home design, art, architecture, fashion and more
- An offer for a complete remodeling planner kit to help bring order to the creative process when remodeling
- Photos and information on Marvin products that can help your inspiration come to life
“We created the myMarvin Project to showcase the inspiration that we’re all capable of bringing to our lives,” said Brett Boyum, director of marketing for Marvin Windows and Doors. “We may not all be the next Milton Glaser or Karim Rashid, but each of us has sources of inspiration in our lives. We want to help people find the things that inspire them and bring that inspiration to life in their homes.”
The myMarvin Project received a Crystal Achievement Award for Best Website from a Large Manufacturer and a Creative Excellence in Business Advertising award for the myMarvin ad featuring P. Allen Smith.
To thank the artists for their participation in the myMarvin Project, Marvin is making a donation in each artist’s name to a charity of their choice.
For more information and to see the dream windows, artist biographies, videos and more, visit www.myMarvin.com.
Participants in the myMarvin Project
- Milton Glaser – One of America’s most celebrated graphic artists, Glaser is perhaps best known for his iconic “I ? NY” design. His wide-ranging body of work earned him the rare privilege of one-man shows at the Museum of Modern Art in New York and the Pompidou Centre in Paris. Glaser is a Fulbright scholar and a recipient of the Lifetime Achievement Award from the Cooper-Hewitt, National Design Museum.
- Sarah Susanka – Architect, best-selling author and cultural visionary, Susanka has inspired a generation to re-examine how it lives. Her philosophy of “build better, not bigger,” plays out in her seven books, including “The Not So Big House,” “The Not So Big Life” and her latest, “Not So Big Remodeling.
- Karim Rashid – A leading figure in product design, interior design, furniture, art and lighting, Rashid’s signature “sensual minimalism” is based on his belief in affordable, democratic design available to all. To date, more than 2,500 of Rashid’s designs have been put into production, ranging from household appliances to luxury hotels.
- Mark Laita – The rare photographer who straddles the worlds of fine art and commercial photography, Laita’s work can be found in permanent museum collections as well as award-winning advertising campaigns. In 2007, the U.S. Postal Service honored Laita with a series of stamps based on his flower still lifes.
- P. Allen Smith – One of America’s most knowledgeable and entertaining garden writers and speakers, Smith hosts two nationally syndicated TV programs: “P. Allen Smith Gardens” and “P. Allen Smith’s Garden Home.” The author of a series of best-selling garden books, Smith is a contributor to “TODAY” on NBC as well as The Weather Channel.