Marvin's chain-and-pulley double hung window honored as one the Best New Products of 2012By Marvin Windows
In the August issues of Professional Builder and Professional Remodeler, the editors have compiled a list of the 101 Best New Products of 2012. For those who are unable to attend the big national trade shows, the annual list offers a glimpse into the latest and greatest products in the building industry.
Marvin Windows and Doors was included on this important list, with the editors recognizing our chain-and-pulley double hung window – an ideal product for adding authenticity to historical renovation or old-world warmth to new construction. The editors wrote:
For clients who want to achieve a historic look but with modern performance, Marvin Signature Services offers a chain-and-pulley double-hung window unit. Available as double or single hung and in a variety of rectangular sash or radius shapes, the solid-wood window features concealed weatherstripping, providing energy efficiency without compromising architectural lines.
Making it onto this list is no small task. Editors put each product through the same rigid criteria:
- Does it create a new product category?
- Does it advance an existing product category?
- Does it greatly reduce costs on labor or material?
- Does it enhance design/style?
- Does it improve energy efficiency/performance?
- Does it make life easier for homeowners/builders/contractors?
- Does it reduce the product’s or home’s impact on the environment?
Learn more about our chain-and-pulley double hung and our other great windows and doors at Marvin.com.