FAQ Knowledge Articles

When two or more products are "tied" together, we call that a "mull." Sometimes they can be mulled frame-to-frame. Other times, a structural member will be required. This will depend upon quantity and size of individual units, size of the mulled configuration and required Design Pressure.

With that information (provided by the customer), Marvin can make a recommendation for needed structure.  However, it will be up to the architect, building inspector, structural engineer, contractor or owner to determine what is to be used.  Contact Marvin Technical Support for assistance at (800) 346-3363.

Marvin offers a 3/8" aluminum mull reinforcement or 1" or 2" LVL/wood mull. Other mull options would need to be provided by others.