Provide product management leadership to cross-functional development teams. Put customers at the center of development projects by maintaining a strong understanding of needs and the market. Collaborate cross-functionally to ensure that products are differentiated in ways that reinforce our brand-level value propositions. Leverage strong product marketing fundamentals to assist decision making in project prioritization and innovation processes. Keys for success will be a demonstrated ability to collaborate cross functionally, demonstrated market and product knowledge, an ability to support a recommendation with data, and strong communication skills.
The people that make up the Marvin Family of Brands are dedicated to enriching the places where we live and work. What began over 100 years ago as a family company built on an old-fashioned code of honesty, hard work, and service to their neighbors is now one of the world’s premier window and door companies. Through our three unique brands—Marvin, Integrity, and Infinity—and each brand’s unique offerings of customization and performance, we can provide a solution to any project. For everything from new construction to remodeling and replacements, to commercial building and even historical restorations, we never take shortcuts, and we always adhere to the highest possible standards and the highest levels of service. We stand behind every one of our products, every step of the way.
Our entire organization is on a path toward both current and future success by winning, growing, and thinking differently. To us, this means that we empower our employees to make brilliant decisions; we embrace flexibility with accountability; we encourage our employees to take ownership of their career growth; and we challenge employees to demonstrate initiative and propose solutions to consistently move us forward.
Innovation and quality are our heritage and our future. We have our finger on the pulse of our customers’ needs, which guides our focus, securing our industry leadership status. Above all, we are family – Marvin family founded, owned, and led, which inspires our deeply collaborative, high performance work environments. We are innovators. We are passionate. And we trust each other, because many of us have nearly 20 years of expertise to share with those who bring new ideas and fresh ways of thinking to our teams. If that’s you, join us.
Essential Job Functions
Product Development Leadership (65%)
- Provide marketing leadership to cross-functional development teams, ensuring that the customer stay at the center of the project
- Mentorship of junior team members on marketing, product development, etc.
- Proactively work to build relationships cross-functionally, ensuring collaboration and a shared understanding of the customer and market
- Represent Voice of the Customer through a Stage-Gate product development process
- Ensure project teams quickly reach decisions that help balance customer and business objectives
- Translate product launch core benefits to inform successful go-to-market strategies
- Ownership of pricing strategy for each new product launch, with assistance of Pricing Department
Product Line Strategy (15%)
- Develop and substantiate a point of view on how to generate incremental growth, in line with the product strategy for an assigned category
- Actively participate in portfolio level project review and selection process
- Draft business cases to support growth opportunities and inform decision making
- Gather customer and market needs, including synthesizing market research data, market, and competitive trends; monitor and manage product option sales information
Product Expertise (15%)
- Act as internal expert on assigned products and/or focus areas
- Ensure product differentiation and value are represented consistently at all customer touch points
- Create core content that accurately communicates product differentiation
- Maintain thorough understanding of competitive product line strengths and weaknesses
Marketing & Sales Support (5%)
- Support departmental improvement initiatives
- Input into monthly & annual planning, forecasting, and goal-setting
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities
- Passion for product and product development
- Ability to distill information into insights and strategic recommendations
- High energy, self-directed, highly confident, and self-motivated
- Desire to collaborate and focus on making teams successful
- Strong presentation skills and an ability to communicate at all levels of the organization
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities and make things happen in a fast-paced, dynamic environment; bias for action
- Solid understanding of basic business fundamentals
- Familiarity with market research methods and uses
- High level of proficiency in MS Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to travel, including some overnights (approximately 25%)
- Establish and achieve new product contributions to revenue growth/profitability goals
- Input into creation of a solid 5-year product line plan for assigned category
- Demonstrated ability to informally lead teams to successful result
- Demonstrated competence in product strategy as well as product development
Education / Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in business or marketing
- MBA with a marketing emphasis is highly desired
- 1-3 years of related and successful work experience in new product development and product portfolio management
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities required of the employee.
No recruiter inquiries.
NOTE: This employer will not consider any candidate who needs VISA sponsorship now or in the future.