Marvin is currently seeking an experienced Human Resource Business Partner to join our team in Warroad, Minnesota.
The Human Resource Business Partner (HRBP) serves a strategic and critical role within our Operations teams. HRBP’s
work in unison with team leadership on initiatives related to workplace culture, employee engagement, leader
development and employee relations resolution.
The HRBP is part of a network of Human Resource professionals serving the Warroad, MN plant operations team. To be successful and effective in this role, the ideal candidate must have a collaborative working style, be an innovative thinker, and possess the ability to develop/maintain strong relationships at all levels within the organization.
Champion of Culture and Employee Engagement
▪ Partner with operations leaders to analyze engagement survey data, develop action plans, and assist
with the execution of planned strategies and tactics.
▪ Manage and/or support programs and events designed to improve workplace culture. (i.e. recognition
and award programs, team celebrations/special events, community involvement)
Leader Development and Support
▪ Provide both formal training and informal mentorship/coaching to Operations leaders.
▪ Helps Operations leadership identify and develop high-potential individual contributors.
Recruitment and Retention
▪ Ensure efforts around employee recruitment, retention and internal/external job postings are
performed to expectations.
▪ Proactively address employee complaints/concerns and collaborate with Plant Leadership in a
confidential and appropriately urgent manner.
Compliance and Legal
▪ Assist in the creation and/or delivery of required compliance training for employees and leaders.
▪ Maintain strong knowledge of legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting the
▪ Partner with HR Manager to ensure policies, practices and procedures are compliant.
▪ Communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
▪ Present comfortably to groups of all sizes.
▪ Champion company values and advocate for continuous improvements to our workplace culture.
▪ Think differently/innovatively in response to challenges and opportunities.
▪ Develop and maintain strong professional relationships across the organization.
Education and Experience:
▪ Bachelor's Degree required.
▪ 5+ years of experience in Human Resources leadership or serving in a HRBP, HR Generalist or similar role
is strongly preferred; strong preference to candidates with a background of HR in manufacturing.
▪ Professional certification is strongly preferred (SHRM-CP, SHRM-SCP, PHR, SPHR, etc.)