An Architectural Project Manager is responsible for developing new business, building awareness, loyalty, and ultimately driving sales of the Marvin and Integrity brands to the architectural and commercial communities.
Essential Job Functions
- Prospect, identify, and build relationships with members of the architectural community whose influence will lead to specification and purchase of the Marvin and Integrity brands.
- Actively pursue business development with facility managers and owners of institutional properties.
- Plan and host factory tours with targeted architects, designers, channel partners, and trade customers.
- Provide product and technical solutions on individual project opportunities.
- Work with regional sales team to assess and develop channel partners’ programs, expertise, and services necessary to successfully sell to the architectural and commercial segments.
- Develop, maintain, and communicate a strong understanding of market conditions, trends, and the competitive environment.
- Represent Marvin brands at trade shows and events.
- Effectively utilize CRM (Salesforce.com) to document sales efforts and to maximize efficiency.
- Develop channel partners’ focus on Marvin brands through effective training and communication.
- Support and implement company sales and marketing programs, and product introductions.
- Significant travel required throughout the assigned territory, including overnight stays.
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities
- Read and interpret construction documents and specifications.
- Navigate CAD-based design.
- Ability to periodically lift up to 75 lbs.
- Fluid and confident verbal, nonverbal, and written communication skills with an ability to convey strong, clear, concise messages to target audiences including employees, customers, pro trade personnel, and industry groups; interact with and motivate cross-functional company groups.
- Cohesive interpersonal and relationship-building skills at multiple levels.
- Solution-oriented and innovative thinking abilities.
- Developed organizational skills, intuition, and reasoning abilities.
- Takes initiative, self-directed, professionally confident, and self-motivated.
- Approachable, collaborative, and presents with appropriate business acumen.
- Self-manage priorities and deadlines.
- Aptitude to work with required technology, software applications, CRM platform (Salesforce.com).
Education / Industry Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in an architectural, construction, or business-related field.
- Construction Documents Technologist (CDT) certification, or obtain within 2 years of employment.
- Consultative value proposition sales experience specifying premium products to architectural/design firms.
- Fenestration industry experience given additional consideration.