Job Title: Marketing Manager
Reports To: General Manager
Company: Marvin Windows of New York
Office Location: 3901 US Route 11, Cortland, NY 13045
We are a progressive distributor of quality windows and doors that relies on our years of experience, advanced technology, and the entrepreneurial spirit of our employees to continually grow our business. Since 1983, Marvin Windows of New York located in Cortland, New York, has been the premier distributor of Marvin products throughout Upstate New York and Northern Pennsylvania. We have always been dedicated to quality, service, innovation, and enriching the spaces and places where we live and work. At Marvin Windows of New York, we offer a competitive salary and exceptional benefits package, which includes: medical, dental, vision, 401(k), profit sharing, paid time off, employee purchase program, tuition reimbursement, and more.
The purpose of this role is to implement, execute, and oversee best-in-class all-encompassing marketing solutions for Marvin Windows of NY and its channel partners, working collaboratively with management in sales and service to grow the business. This role will be responsible to develop and execute marketing strategies to increase brand preference and gain market share in multiple market segments as well as augment national marketing efforts with regional and local dealer programs.
Essential Job Functions
- In alignment with the annual business plan, define marketing strategy, and develop and execute integrated multi-channel marketing plans for Marvin Windows of NY and channel partners.
- Develop and execute dealer regional marketing programs, including advertising, event support, social media, co-op allowance, sales leads, and sales & marketing tools. Evaluate effectiveness of current dealer marketing programs and drive improvement of programs year over year.
- Identify potential new marketing programs for dealers and channel partners to foster improved relationships with channel partners, encourage dealer participation in programs, and ultimately drive business growth for dealers and channel partners with respect to Marvin products.
- Create local marketing promotions/events to augment national and regional programs.
- Establish metrics to determine ROI of marketing programs; compile sales and marketing reports
- Consult with dealers on marketing strategies and develop plans to ensure effective utilization of co-op marketing funds
- Collaborate with Regional Marketing Council to communicate our regional marketing needs. Communicate council direction with Marvin Windows of NY management team.
- Develop lead generation and nurture plan and tactics and manage sales lead management system.
- Develop, execute, and manage digital marketing and social media strategy. Identify and implement metrics to track and measure performance.
- Investigate and plan Home Shows, Contractor Events and other promotional activities in conjunction with Sales. Assist in developing and coordinating show work schedules.
- Act as a brand advocate, ensuring that all marketing materials reflect Marvin brand values and meet established brand standards.
- Lead the development and maintenance of Marvin Windows of NY’s website
- Leadership responsibilities of marketing team, including hiring, training, mentoring, managing, and leading; effectively assign and monitor work to ensure quality and timeliness
- In collaboration with General Manager, develop department goals and operating budget.
- 25-30% travel for field-related activity primarily discussing strategic marketing plans with dealers; some overnight stays; valid driver’s license is required
- Understand market trends and competitive landscape; realize and leverage competitive advantages
- Fluid and confident verbal, nonverbal, and written communication skills with an ability to convey strong, clear, concise messages to target audiences including employees, customers, pro trade personnel, and industry groups
- The ability to comprehend and manage complex or diverse information; collect and research data, use experience to complement data, design work flow and procedures.
- Relationship building skills with the ability to create mutually beneficial relationships and provide excellent customer service to both internal and external customers
- Demonstrate excellence in project management skills including: on time completion; diligent budget management; efficient and proactive solicitation of input and approvals.
- Exhibit confidence in self and of others; inspire and motivate; provide appropriate recognition
- Adept at problem-solving, including being able to identify issues and resolve programs in a timely manner.
- Prioritize and plan efficiently and effectively
- 25-30% travel for field-related activity primarily discussing strategic marketing plans with dealers; some overnight stays; valid driver’s license is required.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business, or related field from an accredited institution.
- 3+ years of experience in marketing
- Prior exposure to development of marketing budget
- Prior experience with co-op advertising
- Additional consideration will be given to individuals who also have construction industry or related experience
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities required of the employee.