The Senior Manager, Learning and Development, will partner with HR Business Partners, leaders and stakeholders from across Marvin to evolve our approach to cultural initiatives such as the infusion of human centered design, talent development and management, organizational design, change management, consulting and team effectiveness.
Key Responsibilities Include
- Lead the design, development & execution of organizational effectiveness initiatives, including the infusion of human centered design, learning and development, talent management, change management and culture.
- Define and deliver critical activities that support sustainable changes in the way our people work through organizational alignment, stakeholder engagement & awareness, communications, training, and knowledge transfer.
- Assist senior leadership and HR to set cultural goals, supporting growth and development of team members in line with Marvin’s values and strategic direction.
- Partner with HR to ensure Marvin’s cultural values are considered in key talent decisions such as hiring and promotion.
- Partner with Marketing, HR and Talent Acquisition to ensure Marvin’s cultural values are consistent with Marvin’s external brand guidelines and internal employee value proposition.
- Coach and mentor staff to support a high-performance team that is consistent with Marvin’s values and culture. Lead a team of L&D and change management practitioners.
- Foresee and proactively address potential challenges and pitfalls that may arise throughout projects.
- Gather support and buy-in across various stakeholder groups by clearly articulating the shared vision and answering the question “what’s in it for me“.
- Drive decision making, and issue resolution related to our organizational effectiveness programs and initiatives, sharing and escalating status, decisions, and issues to the leadership team.
- Ensure a comprehensive transition to the transformed process/experience owners that leads to a steady state post-implementation.
- Assess organizational readiness to determine gaps between current and desired states and identify ways to facilitate change and break down barriers.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college with an emphasis on change management, organizational development, psychology, organizational behavior, HR, training development.
- 8+ years’ experience, including 5+ years of designing, developing and deploying effective change management strategies within a complex organization.
- Experience with and knowledge of human centered design.
- Experience and knowledge of change management principles, methodologies, and tools.
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to translate analysis into recommendations.
- Outstanding communication skills (written and verbal).
- Proven ability to engage and influence at all levels of an organization.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment.
- Passion for managing and influencing change.