The Senior Market Research Analyst position provides the necessary consultancy, guidance, and support to the organization through collaboration with internal clients in assessing their market and customer needs. This individual works closely with the Director of Marketing Operations & Market Intelligence, department peers, and internal clients to manage research projects both qualitative and quantitative in nature along with the analysis of secondary market demand and forecast data.
Major Roles and Responsibilities:
Consulting and Collaboration (40%)
- Build strong cross-functional relationships, including brand leadership, product planning, sales, channel support, customer service, operations, and research and development.
- Consult and facilitate discussions that surface key business challenges and problems in which market research can help inform.
- Proactively engage and encourage collaboration with internal clients through one-on-one conversations, group workshops and facilitated meetings.
- Lead efforts, engage, and communicate with team members to share and help integrate key findings into other key research initiatives.
- Give presentations of results.
Research Design and Management (40%)
- Determine appropriate research design and methodology for projects.
- Draft research proposals/plans.
- Lead and coach internal teams on various research efforts for encouraged engagement and buy-in.
- Prepare reports containing compelling insights, necessary detailed findings, and business recommendations.
- Design research instruments such as discussion guides, screeners, and questionnaires
- Perform qualitative interviews.
- Solicit bids from potential vendors on various projects.
- Manage and monitor vendor fieldwork to ensure quality and timely data.
Analysis of External, Survey, and Market Data (20%)
- Lead data synthesis sessions.
- Analyze market demand data and apply it to business reporting/dashboards.
- Perform analysis that links market data to financial performance (sales).
- Develop and maintain the integrity of custom models to measure market share.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Well developed written, verbal, and nonverbal communication skills.
- Ability to draw connections across data and observations.
- Ability to tell stories from research findings.
- Strong organizational and excellent project management skills.
- Self-motivated; displays a sense of urgency in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- Proficiency in quantitative and qualitative research applications, design thinking experience a plus.
- Polished interpersonal skills; proven ability to work in a team environment.
- Possess professional level leadership qualities.
- Developed analytical skills.
- Advanced working knowledge of market research statistical techniques.
- High level of comfort in working with large amounts of data.
- Detail oriented and highly organized with the ability to simultaneously manage multiple projects.
Qualifications (Education & Experience):
- Bachelors degree required.
- 5+ years experience in a marketing research role.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office; advanced skills in Excel.
- Experience with statistical software desired.