Job Title: Territory Manager
Geographic Coverage: Northern NY
Required Residential Location: Consideration will be given to applicants in the Watertown, Syracuse, Utica, Alexandria Bay, NY vicinities
Reports To: Director of Sales
Company: Marvin Windows of New York
We are a progressive distributor of quality windows and doors that relies on our years of experience, advanced technology, and the entrepreneurial spirit of our employees to continually grow our business. Since 1983, Marvin Windows of New York located in Cortland, New York, has been the premier distributor of Marvin products throughout Upstate New York and Northern Pennsylvania. We have always been dedicated to quality, service, innovation, and enriching the spaces and places where we live and work. At Marvin Windows of New York, we offer a competitive salary and exceptional benefits package, which includes: medical, dental, vision, 401(k), profit sharing, paid time off, employee purchase program, tuition reimbursement, and more. To learn more, visit http://www.marvinny.com/.
We have an immediate need for a detail-oriented and dynamic Territory Manager covering the following geographic region: Northern New York (Watertown Area).
This position is responsible for driving sales growth by collaborating with our channel partners to: strengthen participation in Marvin dealer programs; assist Marvin dealers with employee development and Marvin product training; act as a business advisor for Marvin dealers; assist Marvin dealers with tracking and executing on leads; and promote Marvin Brands for major construction and remodeling projects.
The successful candidate will have excellent verbal and written communication skills and will be able to convey strong, clear messages to target audiences including the building community, Marvin and Integrity employees, customers, and industry groups.
- Work with key contacts such as dealers, builders, architects, and remodelers to effectively provide clear and valuable communication on projects, services, and market offerings
- Identify and develop retailers that will effectively cover all market segments within their given geography
- Implement the strategic sales plan for the respective territory of Marvin and Integrity
- Develop and maintain collaborative relationships with retail/trade customers and decision-makers through use of creative problem solving and timely follow-up
- Assist in the development of new programs and processes
- Develop dealer sales force through various training emphasis including: market segment training and focus; sales support; technological interface tools; sales training; product knowledge training
- Represent the company at assigned trade and consumer shows
- Regularly communicate strategic and tactical information on competitors in assigned territory and region
- Promote and coordinate factory tours and training
- Manage the territory manager expense budget
- Frequent travel throughout the assigned territory, which may require overnight stays. Valid driver's license is required.
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with an ability to convey strong, clear messages to target audiences including employees, customers, pro trade personnel, and industry groups
- Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills at multiple levels
- Solution-oriented and innovative thinking abilities
- Strong organizational skills, intuition, and reasoning abilities
- High energy, self-directed, highly confident, and self-motivated
- Able to coordinate multiple tasks and projects
- Team player with strong business perspective
- Interact with and motivate cross-functional company groups
- Manage deadlines and develop budget and sales forecasts
Education / Experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent industry experience
- Prior experience in outside sales or has closely worked with outside sales
- Building industry knowledge and experience strongly preferred
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required of the employee.