Marvin is looking for a business designer to help clients build, launch and scale market-leading products and services. Business Design at Marvin requires real-world experience, entrepreneurial zeal, an eagerness to dive in without waiting for direction, and boardroom polish. You will work as a member of Marvin’s multi-disciplinary teams to create market leading offerings and ventures.
- Help multi-disciplinary design teams analyze a position in the market and in the organization.
- Uncover innovation opportunities by identifying profitable markets and redesigning business models.
- Design a new venture that creates new income potential for the business.
- Design a new business model that enhances and extends consumer experiences while creating new opportunities for income.
- Design profitable new products, services, and consumer experiences that differentiate the company from its competition.
- Provide detailed points of view on the viability of new business concepts through data analysis or financial modeling.
- Help identify and develop new growth options within existing brands.
- Participate in the formulation of the organizations near term and long-range goals and objectives.
- Initiate process and profit improving financial, business and cost analysis projects based on in-depth understanding of the business and end-use customer needs.
- Coordinate and act as a liaison between business teams and finance in developing policies and processes to ensure consistency of accounting, analysis and reporting.
- Coordinate the flow of financial information between managers and senior management to support the forecasting and budget development processes.
- Determine requirements for decision support and manage or perform insightful and thorough business analysis for all key issues for review by senior management.
- Enhance and fully-leverage existing customer and product profitability models.
- Integrate key analyses and business metrics into the business intelligence platform.
- Create organizational structures, strategic assets, and operating models to help the company drive its own innovation.
- Design, lead, and execute in-market experiments to gather feedback to inspire and improve new concepts.
Knowledge / Skills / Personal Characteristics
- Strong understanding of financial analysis theory and techniques.
- Solid understand of accounting principles.
- Curious, insightful, good listener, adaptable and results oriented.
- Effective communicator with both financial and non-financial managers.
- Detail oriented; able to think broadly to translate strategies into operational objectives and projects by bringing to completion.
- Good presentation skills and a demonstrated ability to think strategically.
- Collaboration and facilitation skills.
Experience & Education
- 4-6 years of industry experience in one of these areas: Product Management, Finance, Business Intelligence / Analytics, Management Consulting, CPG, Marketing (Product or Brand) Strategy, and Entrepreneurship.
- MBA or equivalent work experience.
- Experience taking products or entire ventures to market, whether as an entrepreneur or intrapreneur.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Comfort working as a collaborator or advisor, and the ability to confidently and credible share your point of view and expertise.
- Ability to work in an ambiguous and dynamic environment and comfort collaborating with multi-disciplinary design teams.