Do you want to be on the ground floor of a digital transformation and use your strong website content management skills to make an impact on your organization? We are expanding our Digital Strategy team and looking for a Senior Web Content Specialist who will be responsible for publishing, managing and optimizing the digital content for Marvin’s web properties. The Senior Web Content Specialist is responsible for contributing to the overall business goals through optimized content publishing on Marvin.com and other Marvin web properties using a Content Management System (CMS i.e. Sitecore). The ideal candidate will have extensive knowledge of CMS functionality and have utilized an enterprise level CMS to create, edit and maintain a consumer facing website such as Marvin.com. In addition to the technical skills required to author within a CMS, the ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of the digital landscape, experience in implementing best practices for web content and SEO optimization, the ability to analyze and react to web performance metrics and experience contributing to the development of website content strategy that drives high engagement.
Major Roles and Responsibilities
- Actively participate in Marvin’s digital transformation by helping with the re-platform of web properties to the Sitecore CMS.
- Primarily responsible for adding, modifying and maintaining site content within the Sitecore CMS. Set up new site pages, campaign landing pages and forms as needed.
- Maintain metadata and other inputs in the system to optimize search engine results.
- Work with developers to solve technical issues in displaying content and website functionality.
- Serve as an expert in the Sitecore CMS and deliver training as needed.
- Manage a regular content refresh process to ensure information is accurate and content is current.
- Partner with marketing analytics and digital marketing to analyze usage data and traffic patterns to inform content decisions, user experience and page optimizations.
- Partner with our Manager of Integrated Content Strategy and others on the marketing and digital strategy teams, contributing to the development of an overall website content strategy that drives high engagement.
- Manage content publishing schedule and digital content request pipeline and process, refining the process as needed for maximum efficiency.
- Lead future web content personalization and A/B testing activities in Sitecore CMS to help increase engagement and convert our visitors.
- Challenge the status quo when necessary and follow-through to ensure steps are taken to make change.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong understanding of digital marketing landscape (SEO, PPC, website UX, email, etc.).
- Clear understanding of web standards and usability methods.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines.
- Ability to collaborate efficiently with cross-functional teams.
- Proven written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
Qualifications (Education & Experience)
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or related field.
- 3 – 5 years of experience within content management systems (Sitecore and/or Sitecore certification highly preferred).