Location: Chicago, IL or Indianapolis, IN
Major Roles / Function Responsibilities
1. Install all types of Scenic Doors and other Marvin Products as requested.
a. Proven demonstrated ability and knowledge of construction methods and installation techniques that will result in defect free scenic door installations.
b. Be able to effectively and confidently recommend the correct product options and construction techniques with dealers and contractors that will provide the best chance for successful installations and product performance prior to installation of the product.
c. Be able to travel on a weekly basis anywhere in the country to install product.
d. Can complete installations in a timely manner per the planned installation schedule.
e. Provide feedback to management on schedule efficiencies, and cleanup old jobs when required when time allows.
Effectively communicate with other functional areas (factory personnel, R&D, Management and other Field Service Technicians) providing actionable/meaningful information for product improvements
2. Jobsite Management
a. Able to develop good working relationship with contractors and home owners when on site that leaves a positive impression of their Marvin experience.
b. Ability to operate independently with respect to decision making and time management.
c. Understand the concept of “case by case” problem solving
d. Provide project updates to senior leadership as needed (written – business case format or similar)
e. Manage project within budget guidelines or other requirements as needed.
f. Maintain confidentiality while dealing with internal company information.
g. Understand TMC product distribution model and ramifications of decisions.
h. Willingness to work cross functionally within department to assist with other special situations as time allows or circumstances dictate.
i. Ensure jobsites are free from damage and left clean and neat
3. Systems Management, Safety and Vehicle Maintenance
a. Ability to utilize the current scheduling software in Salesforce to efficiently and timely schedule jobs for the following week to meet set department and company goals.
b. Demonstrated ability to effectively use the Scheduling Software in Salesforce without assistance for managing assigned activities according to standard practices.
c. Review work orders before travel to jobsite to ensure materials are available.
d. Properly manage truck stock to assist in job completion.
e. Manage Service Center
i. Clean and organized
ii. Orders properly queued for efficiency
iii. Dumpsters emptied when needed
f. Ability to accurately order replacement products or parts to complete service requests and provide original order numbers when possible.
g. Complete jobsite reports in timely manner with all the required information including attachments.
h. Operate company vehicle in safe manner.
i. Keep service vehicles organized, clean, maintained, and stocked with sufficient parts to complete common minor repairs.
j. Ensure necessary inspections and logs are completed on time.
k. Ensure jobsites are safe and proper PPE is used when necessary.
l. Personnel appearance must be clean, neat and professional.
m. Follow company policies for cell phone and computer use.
4. Provide feedback to Internal Service Staff, Marvin Field Technicians, and Channel Partners
a. Develop and present product improvement ideas for in house staff, Marvin field technicians, and channel partners as needed.
b. Ability to work effectively with a wide variety of personalities under less than ideal circumstances.
5. Pre-Sales and Post Sales Project Support
a. In-depth understanding of product certification, industry standards (AAMA, etc.) and field test protocols
b. Willingness to effectively represent Marvin brands at project sites when/if required to provide installation training, product support, and general project consultation.
c. Ability to review project specification documents and assess test protocols, installation details and design, and material compatibility.
d. Proven track record of properly documenting all jobsite observations and activities (written, photo, verbal) in a manner consistent with corporate guidelines.
• Thinking and Deciding
o Strategic Thinking
o Business Acumen
o Critical Thinking and Judgment
• Relating to People
o Interpersonal Effectiveness
o Able to develop positive relationships with contractors, home owners, and dealers.
• Managing Work
o Planning and Organizing
o Managing Execution
1. Solid understanding TMC business models
2. Excellent product knowledge of Scenic doors and Modern Product lines
3. Expert in product installation and construction techniques.
4. The ability to address and resolve complicated installation issue with minimal supervision
5. Excellent communication skills
6. Ability to manage highly sensitive information and maintain confidentiality
7. Must be able to lift 100lbs
8. Must have a valid driver’s license, able to obtain a medical card, and keep a drivers log book.
1. Quality of documentation
2. Customer feedback
3. Productive output and completion of installation schedule.
4. Be able to show profitability for each installation.
1. 5 or more years of proven experience working as a contractor or doing door and window installations.
2. Excellent product knowledge
3. Teaching/training mind set
4. Proven working knowledge of building construction, building codes.