The Director role is responsible for leading our Research and Development team for all Marvin products made in Warroad, MN, Grafton, ND and Ripley, TN. We rely on our teams to lead us in continuous product improvement and the design of innovative window and door experiences. This position is located at our Corporate Headquarters in beautiful, Warroad, MN.
Primary Objectives of the Director of Research and Development
• Lead and develop a strong, talented team:
o Successfully designing new and innovative products
o Support the product improvement processes to improve performance, meet product certification requirements and reduce cost, keeping customers and their experience in mind.
• Actively participating in strategic planning and our product development process.
• Develop strategic partnerships to successfully drive business objectives.
• Continually improve functional processes and procedures.
• Deliver successful project outcomes utilizing best practice methodologies.
• Leverage Human Centered Design to guide work, and lead the infusion of Human Centered Design within Warroad R&D.
• Oversight to ensure compliance with company policies, federal, state and local regulations.
Knowledge / Skills / Personal Characteristics
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily, as assigned. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Leadership and coaching that motivates, empowers and develops employees.
• Highly skilled at building strong partnerships and high performing teams.
• Ability to develop and realize a vision through the application of a strategic approach.
• Demonstrated analytical skills including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer and business needs.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to professionally interact with and influence others.
• Strong facilitation and presentation skills.
• Project management experience that encourages progress through teamwork.
• Excellent organizational and strategic planning skills.
• Experience managing multiple concurrent projects successfully, meeting deadlines.
Experience & Education
• Bachelor of Science in Engineering or comparable technical degree, MS or MBA preferred.
• 10+ years of increasing managerial experience.
• 5+ years successfully leading large-scale projects.
• Experience with Human Centered Design preferred.