Position Title: Application Programmer Analyst – 2019 Summer Intern
Reports to: Senior Manager Information Systems – Supply Chain and Business Intelligence
Location: 2020 Silver Bell Road, Suite 15, Eagan, MN 55122 (NOTE: telecommuting is not an option)
**Resumes will be collected and reviewed at a later date.
You will have the opportunity to use your skills in application analysis, design, and development to implement solutions supporting multiple business units for The Marvin Family of Brands as you work collaboratively with manufacturing, accounting, shipping, purchasing, order processing, and many other departments within the companies.
Essential Job Functions
Application Analysis and Definition (25% time allocation)
• Work as a member of a business team to creating specifications, design documents, and a plan for applications to be developed.
Application Development (50% time allocation)
• Design and develop applications utilizing the appropriate hardware, database, and development tools to create, modify, test, and troubleshoot applications.
Testing and User Support (25% time allocation)
• Work in conjunction with business users to conduct testing of the applications developed.
• Review applications developed by other team members, testing adequacy and documentation.
1. Problem solving
2. Detail oriented
4. Builds trust; integrity; ethical behavior
5. Customer focus
7. Decision-making; dealing with ambiguity
Knowledge / Skills / Personal Characteristics
1. Willingness to learn how to design and developing applications using Oracle BI Publisher
2. Willingness to learn about Oracle as relation database
3. High energy, self-directed
4. Ability to quickly learn and understand technical information
5. Ability to develop strong, trusting, and collaborate relationships
6. Proven and strong written and verbal communications skills
7. Strong intuitive and reasoning skills
8. Responsive professional personality
1. Customer satisfaction (business users mostly internal)
2. Quality of code
3. Ability to meet deadlines
Education / Experience
• Pursuing a Bachelor's degree in Business Information Systems, Computer Science, or equivalent
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities required of the employee.