At Marvin Windows and Doors, we have Careers – Built around you®. We are a progressive manufacturer of quality windows and doors that relies on our years of experience, advance technology and the entrepreneurial spirit of our employees to continually grow our business.
We are currently seeking a Lead Product Engineer
to join our team in beautiful Warroad, MN. (www.visitwarroad.com
) This is an instrumental role in product design and development, where leadership and mechanical aptitude are critical to the success.
• Lead design teams through a stage gate process to deliver new products.
• Develop project design schedules, costs, resource plans, risk assessments, and other key project deliverables.
• Provide technical/engineering oversight of the product design and development to meet projects goals.
• Support the training and development of design team members.
• Support the project team in communications and expectations with managers and executives within the organization.
• Research, develop, provide verification and validation of new product designs.
• Employ and ensure documentation of technical/engineering principles and calculations in development and evaluation of design.
• Lead the design prototype construction, testing, and certification to meet project goals.
• Create and review documentation that accurately communicates design for assembly, manufacture, and marketing.
• Approve documentation and review information for accuracy and adhesion to standards.
• Support corporate and departmental initiatives; Safety, Standards, Committees and other opportunities.
• Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering
• Five (5) or more years of Design Engineering experience; specifically successful work experience in new product development and design
• Experience leading people; providing work direction, training and mentoring to others
• Development of new products via a stage-gate process
• Experience in 2D and 3D modeling (AutoCAD, Inventor and SolidWorks)
• Perform work in a professional, self-directed and motivated manner
• Ability to problem solve and possess a positive attitude
• Leadership style that motivates, rewards, and develops the team
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential – Ability to present technical information to Key Stakeholders and Executives is critical.
• Experience in Microsoft Office - Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Outlook
• Project management training, skills and experience a plus
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities required of the employee.
No recruiter inquiries.
NOTE: This employer will not consider any candidate who needs VISA sponsorship now or in the future