Some simple steps to help you through downsizing
Mar 21, 2012, at 9:00 am by John Kirchner
At some point, you’re going to downsize. Whether it’s because your children have grown up and moved out or you’ve decided a smaller home is simply more sensible, downsizing is a major decision that shouldn’t be taken lightly.
Luckily, HomeDesignFind.com has laid out some thought-starters to help you transition to a smaller abode when the time comes. (Warning: The following might be upsetting for anyone who struggles to discard old stuff.)
In your old larger space:
- Before you do anything, consider the place you will be moving to
- Once you’ve developed an idea of what you’d like your new space to look like, life gets so much easier!
- Decide on how you will get rid of unneeded goods
- Avoid the storage option
In your new smaller space:
- Choose multi-functional furniture
- Opt for an open space floorplan
- Rid yourself of one-purpose gadgets
- Opt for quality and get rid of the flimsy and rickety
Do any MLuxe readers have tips for downsizing?
[Photo from Houzz]