A New Year's resolution list for the home
Dec 19, 2012 by John Kirchner
Here’s a fair question: How come our homes rarely appear on our New Year’s resolution lists? While we certainly respect the desire to live healthier, it’s quite astounding how hard some will work on their beach body this winter considering how little time they’ll actually spend at the beach.
Part of owning a home is always having that next project lingering in the back (or front) of your mind. New Year’s resolutions, if you pause to think about it, are really nothing more than a list of priorities. Here’s how I’m going to focus my attention next year. So when it comes to your home, we’re curious: What are your New Year’s resolutions?
We first saw the question appear on Houzz.com in a post from staff writer Vanessa Brunner. Here are some of the best responses so far:
- “My resolution is simple. Finish project A before starting project B.”
- “Treat myself to fresh flowers once a week … There’s something about fresh flowers, even if it’s just a $3 bunch from the supermarket, that makes a house feel more like a home.”
- “We’ve resolved to keep the decorating process fun & happy — and hope that those qualities will also be reflected in our new home!”
- “Be grateful for the home I have, not wishing for the home I don’t have!”
- “Placing effective and properly selected decor on the walls.”
Big or small, grand or simple, as you think about your home and the year ahead, what’s the one thing you would add to your New Year’s resolutions? Feel free to share in the comments section below!
More from Marvin:
Try Marvin's free Online Remodeling Planner for inspiration and organization
Sign up for email updates about new Marvin products
Find a Marvin dealer near you
Request product literature from Marvin