The Philhofer / Inver Grove Heights, MN
Recapturing rustic charm
Built in 1930 as an exclusive hunting lodge, the building was converted to a single family residence in the 1950s. In 1991, new owners began an extensive renovation of the home. More than 40 years of paint, plasterboard and paneling had all but hidden the original elegance of this exclusive hunting lodge.
Because the project called for custom windows and doors that would match the home’s original elegant character, architect Katherine Cartrett selected Marvin.