Engineering/R&D - Baker City, OR;
Marvin Wood Products is a proud member of the Marvin family of companies. We produce cutstock used to construct Marvin Windows and Doors. We are located in Baker City, Oregon which is nestled in the heart of the Elkhorn and Eagle Cap Mountains. Baker City offers exceptional outdoor recreation, affordable housing, a strong educational system and unique quality of life.
This is a highly visible position and is ideal for an individual seeking an opportunity for long term growth and advancement. Individual in this role will assume responsibility of existing engineering and maintenance staff with the opportunity to advance into other roles of leadership and facility management.
This salaried position offers competitive wages plus an excellent benefit package including one of the best health insurance plans in the area, including dental, vision, disability and life insurance, profit-sharing and 401(K).
• Planning, coordinating and leading projects
• Directing and motivating teams to achieve operating improvements
• Supervising maintenance and engineering staff
• Creating and maintaining a work environment that fosters success in meeting and exceeding company goals and objectives
• Coordinating work and project purchases with vendors ensuring they meet applicable production, safety, ergonomic and environmental standards
• Recommending capital projects and improvements. Generating AFE’s (authorization for expenditures) including cost and payback data
• Staying within approved budgets
• Working to understand and suggest improvements to ensure the efficiency of the facility and satisfaction of the customer
• Participating in Steering Committee
• Bachelors degree in Engineering or related disciple from an accredited four-year college or university
• Minimum 3 years experience in a manufacturing facility
• Supervisory experience
• Demonstrated ability to work within a team environment, using influence and logic to achieve results
• Demonstrated ability to solve problems and deal with a variety of variables
• Working knowledge of AutoCad, Robotic programming, Inventor, Work Management software, Ladder Logic and RSView/RSLogix or similar programs
Beneficial Skills and Abilities
• Working knowledge of InforEAM or similar CMMS (Computerized Maintenance Management System)
• Experience with ISO 9001:2008 and Quality Management Systems
• Knowledge of environmental laws and statutes in the State of Oregon and ISO 14001
• Leadership competencies including planning and organizing, team leadership, interpersonal effectiveness and driving for results
• Interest and drive to take on additional leadership responsibilities and roles
Please submit a cover letter and resume using the form below.