Engineering/R&D - Grafton, ND;
Marvin Windows and Doors is the world leader in manufacturing made-to-order wood windows. Our company is recognized for quality products, a unique customer-responsive approach, innovation and continuous improvement, as well as an exceptional safety record. Currently, our Grafton, ND facility has an opportunity for a Coatings Engineer.
The Coatings Engineer develops, implements and maintains processes and procedures to promote high quality, reliability and efficiency in operations.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
• Maintain and monitor the manufacturing coating application systems;
• Propose and implement process and equipment improvements with a focus on improving coating performance and efficiencies
• Perform hands on troubleshooting of production problems to develop solutions to process and equipment issues with a high sense of urgency
• Maintain and monitor operator preventative maintenance procedures, develop standard work documents and provide shop floor training
• Serve as the technical consultant on coating and finishing areas with regards to operations and regulatory areas
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Minimum 3-5 years chemical or process engineering experience with surface finish/coating applications in a manufacturing environment
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, or relevant field
- Demonstrated skills in process improvement, operation, and application of machinery or mechanical structures
- Experience with relevant office and engineering software
- Knowledge of regulatory guidelines for coating systems a plus
- Excellent teamwork skills, demonstrated decision making and problem solving ability
Marvin Windows offers a comprehensive employment package with competitive wages and great benefits including health, dental and vision insurance, life insurance, disability, a 401k plan, paid time off, holiday pay and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer