Created with the entire design team in mind
MDS can be operated by CAD and non-CAD users alike, with features the entire design team can appreciate:
- On-screen catalog
- Project reports
- Floor plan, elevations, 3-D and details all from one source with design and construction views as well
- Drafting Tools for the AutoCAD users
- Marvin product specifications, organized according to the Construction
Specification Institute Master Format, may be downloaded from this site.
MDS 18.4 Updated Products and Features
- AutoCAD 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, and 2014 compatibility
- The following Product Performance Data has been removed from MDS:
- Energy Efficiency U-Value
- Solar Heat Gain Coefficient
- Visible Light Transmittance
- Condensation Resistance
- Energy Star
- Design Pressure
- The Product Performance Data contained in older MDS projects will no longer be valid.
- For current Product Performance Data:
- Dealers & Distributors can use the OMS (Marvin Order Management System)
- Architects will need to contact Marvin Technical Support @ 1-800-346-3363
- Various bug fixes
MDS installation and upgrades
If you are running an older version of MDS, it must be uninstalled
before installing the current version of MDS (18.4).
Note for AutoCAD users, if trying to use MDS in AutoCAD, type MDS at the Command
Prompt to initialize MDS.
Have questions? Need help?
Call the MDS Hotline at (800) 472-8895 or e-mail
MDS system requirements
- AutoCAD® 2007 through 2014
- OR Microsoft® Windows® Vista and later— MDS runs as a desktop
- If you use a CAD package other than AutoCAD, you can export DXF symbols from the
Windows stand-alone version of the MDS.
- The MDS cannot be run in any version of AutoCAD LT.
The Marvin Design System is more than just CAD symbols. It’s a complete design and specification software package that enables architects and builders to take full advantage of the design opportunities afforded by the Marvin product line.
The software includes drawings and details for over 11,000 standard products, as well as the ability to spec custom products. A unique, automatic rule base checks for invalid options and designs that exceed product limitations.
Marvin Design System
* Required field