“The Sixty,” a 43-unit apartment building in Mount Vernon, New York, helped kick off the revitalization of the West First Street neighborhood. The project was on an extremely tight budget and according to John Saraceno of Trinity Associates LLC, it required multiple performance standards to receive funding, including: “AAMA/NWWDA 101/I.S.2-97; a standard design pressure rating of 40; a maximum U-value of .41; and an air infiltration rate of .19.” Saraceno needed a window that complied to these
standards and fit the budget.
After reviewing several options, Integrity® All Ultrex® Double Hung Windows were selected. The windows not only met the budget requirements, but also the tight thermal, wind load and air filtration performance ratings. The All Ultrex Double Hung Windows featured optional rectangular lite cuts on the top half of the windows to complement the building’s architecture. In addition, the windows proved to be easy to install, which reduced labor costs and — according to Saraceno — allowed ease of use for the residents.
INTEGRITY ALL ULTREX WINDOWS ARE BUILT TOUGHER, LAST LONGER AND PROTECT BETTER.
• With more than 20 years serving apartments and condominium projects, Integrity’s current installations are proof that Ultrex pultruded fiberglass lives up to its claims for strength, durability and performance standards over the long term.
• Integrity windows are ENERGY STAR® qualified, which can save 7-15% of the total energy bill over non-qualified products.*
• Ultrex has an extremely low thermal expansion rate, so Integrity windows and doors can withstand temperature extremes while maintaining a tight seal in both hot and cold climates.
• The exceptional strength and stability of Ultrex eases installation to save on labor costs and establishes a secure, long-lasting fit that stays square and true under tough conditions.
• Integrity Double Hung Windows feature two sashes that both tilt and remove easily with no tools or cords to detach for easy cleaning inside and out.
* ENERGY STAR at energystar.gov
Location: Mount Vernon, NY
Project Type: New Construction
Building Type: Commercial
Architect/Builder: John Saraceno, Trinity Associates LLC
Integrity All Ultrex Double Hung