The 28-unit, $4.6 million Tarrytown Road project is an affordable, low-income housing community that’s conveniently located within walking distance to public transportation, shopping and entertainment venues. The project’s innovative design maximizes the amount of daylight, flooding the apartments with generous fenestration and large window openings. The project was funded from several state and federal housing agencies. To qualify for funding, the design had to meet strict energy performance standards within a limited budget.
After reviewing a variety of options, Integrity® All Ultrex® Casement and Awning Windows turned out to be the perfect choice. Integrity ENERGY STAR® qualified windows were selected for their high performance and energy savings, which can save 7-15% of the total energy bill.* And although the project received LEED® for Homes Silver Certification, energy efficiency wasn't the only reason for selecting Integrity. According to architect Fernando Villa, “The greatest building challenge that Integrity All Ultrex windows helped us solve, in addition to the energy-savings goals, was to maximize day lighting.”
INTEGRITY ALL ULTREX WINDOWS ARE BUILT TOUGHER, LAST LONGER AND PROTECT BETTER.
• Integrity has a proven track record working with local, state and federal housing authorities and organizations to meet strict sustainability, energy-efficiency and budget requirements.
• Contemporary styling means Integrity builds expansive products for maximum light and clean lines with narrow profiles to offer design flexibility for a sleek, modern look.
• Ultrex pultruded fiberglass has virtually all the desirable characteristics you’d want in a material used to make doors and windows. It’s strong, rigid, and has a low thermal expansion rate. It’s heat resistant, noncorrosive, and has low conductivity for superior energy efficiency.
• Integrity was born from The Marvin® Companies’ century-long heritage of service, innovation, craftsmanship, quality and value with a focus on all-out performance.
* ENERGY STAR at energystar.gov.