Jamaica Bay Inn
LOCATION: Marina Del Ray, CA
PROJECT TYPE: Commercial, Remodel
PRODUCT SERIES: Wood-Ultrex
PRODUCT TYPES: Sliding French
The only beach inside Marina Del Ray is home to the Jamaica Bay Inn. The 2.8 acre property was undergoing an extensive renovation. It was expanding from 42 to 111 rooms while adding a new four-story section with water-view meeting spaces and suites with balconies overlooking the marina. They were also planning an indoor-outdoor restaurant, the Vu. The renovation process had taken longer than expected because it needed approvals by the Los Angeles County Department of Beaches and Harbors,and the California Coastal Commission.
Jamaica Bay Inn’s unique location posed unique challenges to those involved:
• Materials chosen must prove they could perform well in close proximity to the ocean.
• Architecture will need to showcase Caribbean features, such as a metal dickie style roofs, white painted woodwork and window trim.
• Flexible design must accommodate ADA requirements at an affordable price.
The Architect on the project expressed an interest in Integrity right away. He was familiar with the strength and beauty of Ultrex® pultruded fiberglass construction, and knew it could more than stand up to the tough coastal conditions. And the authentic wood interiors of Wood-Ultrex would be a perfect complement to the desired Caribbean style and decor. What sealed the deal however, was the Developer’s plan to mix in ADA modified
Marvin® doors with 84 Integrity Sliding French Doors to achieve a total product solution and a beautiful, seamless look.
An overwhelmingly successful renovation was due to many factors, including:
• Integrity’s Ultrex fiberglass construction, which outperforms and outlasts vinyl, roll-form aluminum and composite materials.
• Providing the architect with all the necessary CAD files.
• The distribution channel’s ability to provide high volume installers.