Divided Lite Options
Marvin has a variety of ways to bring out the best in your window designs:
- Simulated Divided Lite with Spacer Bar (SDLS) - an energy-efficient way to create the look of divided lites. SDLS bars are permanently adhered to both sides of the glass. A spacer bar is installed between the glass, creating the essence of Authentic Divided Lites.
- Simulated Divided Lite (SDL) - SDL bars are permanently adhered to both sides of the glass.
- Authentic Divided Lite (ADL) - Separate pieces of glass are glazed between muntin bars-the way windows have been made since the beginning. Only now, Marvin's state-of-the-art design adds energy efficiency to traditional appeal.
- Grilles-between-the-Glass (GBGs) - Grilles are permanently installed between the glass panes. This low-maintenance option creates the look of divided lites.
- GBGs Color Choices for Exterior and Interior - Color options allow for two tone grilles-between-the-glass. Choose from 13 exterior colors or 4 interior colors.
- Removable Grilles - Solid wood Grilles on the interior offer the look of a classic divided lites, but can be easily removed for cleaning.
Simulated Divided Lite with Spacer Bar (SDLS)
Simulated Divided Lite (SDL)
Authentic Divided Lite (ADL)
GBGs Exterior and Interior Color
Marvin Raised and Flat Panels Option
You can order the Sliding French Doors accented with the beautiful traditional shadow-lines of a raised panel or the crisp clean look of a flat panel - in your choice of wood species or nineteen clad colors.
Standard Clad Stamped Raised Panel option offer the aesthetics of traditional raised panels with the benefits associated with aluminum cladding. The raised panel is stamped from .080” aluminum and coated to meet the AAMA 2605-05 finish standard, the industry toughest.
Milled ½" aluminum raised panel available on special-sized panels, Impact Zone 4 or upon request.
Many clad raised and flat panel doors meet WDMA certifications including Impact zone 3.
- CUIFD and CUOFD up to CN 6080 DP 40
- CMIFD and CMIAF up to CN 60100 DP +50 / -65
- CMOFD and CMOAF up to CN 60100 DP +55 /5-65
- CUOFD up to 6080 certified Impact zone 4
Standard raised and flat panel options are available across the Ultimate Door line, with the exception of stamped raised panel on Lift and Slide or Sliding Patio doors.
- 4 ¾" intermediate rail
- Placement — 24 5/16" on center from bottom of door sill
- Visible panel height — 12 1/64"
Raised panel option interior view
Raised panel option exterior view
Stamped raised panel option exterior view
Flat panel option interior view
Flat panel option exterior view
Divided Lite Patterns
Marvin's custom capabilities allow us to create almost any divided lite pattern you can dream up. Divides lites can feature an array of muntin widths, unique muntin profiles, rectangular or radius cuts and more. Choose from an existing lite cut, specify custom divided lites according to a new design or ask our design professionals to assist in creating a pattern for your needs.
The result is a window or door that combines the detailing and craftsmanship of a small millwork house with the product performance delivered by an industry leader.
Below are some of our most frequently-requested divided-lite patterns:
Prairie 4 Bottom-Left
Prairie 4 Bottom-Right
Prairie 4 Top-Left
Prairie 4 Top-Right
Prairie 6 Bottom
Prairie 6 Left-Hand
Prairie 6 Right-Hand
Prairie 6 Top