Marvin's Environmental Responsibility Honored by Pollution Control AgencyBy Marvin Windows
Marvin Windows and Doors has been awarded a Certificate of Commendation by the Minnesota Pollution Control Agency (MPCA). The award honors Marvin for outstanding operation, maintenance and management of its wastewater treatment operations.
“We’re honored by this award, which recognizes our commitment to maintaining a healthy environment for Minnesotans – today as well as for generations to come,” said Susan Marvin, president of Marvin Windows and Doors. “With our location on the shore of Lake of the Woods, we keenly appreciate Minnesota’s heritage of clean water.
“Running a clean manufacturing operation in today’s world requires a tremendous commitment to sound environmental practices, as well as a significant investment in technology and training,” Susan Marvin said. “We’re very pleased that our efforts have been recognized – and even more pleased that our manufacturing facility continues to provide good jobs for Minnesotans.
“Our thanks go out to our environmental manager, Brad Baumann, whose department has successfully implemented the many procedures necessary for comprehensive industrial wastewater treatment.”
The MPCA commendation is just the latest in a long line of environmental awards for the Marvin family of companies. Others include:
Marvin Windows and Doors (Warroad, Minn.)
- Minnesota Waste Wise Leader Award (1995 and 2008)
- Minnesota Waste Wise Smart Business Award (1996 and 1999)
- Governor’s Award for Excellence in Pollution Prevention (1996)
- EPA 33/50 Company profile (1997) – one of only 30 U.S. companies honored
- Governor’s Award for Excellence in Waste and Pollution Prevention (1999), honorable mention
- Governor’s Award for Excellence in Waste and Pollution Prevention (2005)
- Minnesota Waste Wise Leader Award (2008)
- MPCA Wastewater Treatment Facility Operational Award (2005-2009)
Marvin Windows and Doors (Grafton, N.D.)
- North Dakota Greener Award (2007)
Marvin Windows and Doors of Tennessee (Ripley, Tenn.)
- Tennessee Pollution Prevention Partnership, Partner
- Tennessee Pollution Prevention Partnership, Performer
- Governor’s Environmental Stewardship Award (2010), honorable mention
Integrity Windows and Doors (Fargo, N.D.)
- North Dakota Greener Award (2005)