Marvin Introduces Automated Exterior Shades
June 19, 2013
In a first for the window industry, Marvin Windows and Doors is proud to introduce an automated exterior shading system that’s fully integrated, fully retractable and fully concealed.
Now homeowners can enjoy the convenience and energy efficiency benefits of a motorized, fully programmable shading system. This proprietary motorized lifting system combines both infrared and radio frequency technology. Unlike current exterior shading systems, Marvin’s new patent-pending shading solution uses no bulky add-ons that ruin the line of the windows from outside and block the view from inside.
Shades can be programmed with timed events to automatically provide exactly the right amount of light 24 hours a day. Let in the sun to warm your home naturally during cool weather – then program the system to close the shades when you want to keep the sun out, or simply desire complete privacy.
Marvin’s shading system allows homeowners the ultimate in control for their exterior shading systems. The smart technology allows homeowners to preset the precise shading position for optimal energy management, privacy, and mood.
“This system provides innovation, style and energy efficiency,” said Christine Marvin, Director of Marketing for Marvin Windows and Doors. “The combination of proprietary operating technology and shading expertise within Marvin’s architecturally detailed exterior casing cavity is a perfect blend of beauty, innovation, quality and performance.”
Marvin’s new shading system is compatible with screened windows. Choose from the currently available options of a retractable louvered screen for solar control and natural ventilation, or the more traditional shade with slats to match your desires for solar control, privacy and improved U-value. Both systems offer an unobstructed view of the Marvin product on the interior, as well as helping to protect the home and furnishings from UV damage when drawn.
The shading system is compatible with Marvin sliding and swinging windows, including the Ultimate Glider, Ultimate Double Hung, Direct Glaze, Hopper window and Ultimate Picture window, the latter of which is available in sizes as large as 40” wide by 96” tall.
Marvin’s exterior shading solution includes features and benefits such as:
- Fully integrated into window – not an add-on
- Available with Marvin exterior clad casing selections
- Easy, fully programmable operation.
- Offers superior control of solar heat gain
- Shading system is offered in 19 colors to match all standard Marvin clad colors. Slats or louvers are finished in durable Kynar® finish.
- Shades can easily be replaced by homeowners with exterior access
- Made in USA – faster delivery than European products
- Increased occupant comfort through solar heat gain control and additional insulating properties
- Low-voltage, remarkably quiet integrated motor
- Self-correcting tracks ensure shades are always in alignment
- Minimum jamb depths of 6 3/16” for most products
- An industry-first thermal performance certification pending from PassivHaus Institut and Passive House Institute U.S.
“The exterior shades not only serve as an innovative and effective method to conserve energy with quality Marvin products, but also provide the customer complete control to decide how and when to use shading to suit their own unique home and environment,” said Brenda Brunk, marketing product planner for Marvin Windows and Doors. “We’re proud to be first with a system that incorporates so many features yet offers all the beauty and customization that Marvin is known for.”
Visit marvin.com to find your local Marvin dealer and learn about solutions for your unique project requirements.