2013 Energy Tax Credits
In early January, 2013, Congress passed the American Taxpayer Relief Act of 2012 reinstating the energy efficiency tax credits for windows and doors, which had previously expired at the end of 2011. The new tax credits reward homeowners who made qualifying energy improvements last year and encourage others to make improvements this year.
Highlights of the 2013 federal tax credits include:
- A consumer tax credit up to $200 or 10% of the cost of qualified replacement windows. Tax credit is for the cost of product only; does not include installation costs.
- A consumer tax credit up to $500 or 10% of the cost of qualified doors. Tax credit is for product only; does not include installation costs.
- Applies to ENERGY STAR® qualified windows and doors installed between January 1, 2012 and December 31, 2013.
- The tax credit is an extension of the 2011 tax credit, which means all previous federal tax credits are a lifetime maximum credit. A homeowner who has already used up the $200 or $500 credit from the 2006/2007 and 2011 tax credit or the $1,500 tax credit from 2009/2010 is no longer eligible for this tax credit.
As in past years, this is a tax credit, not a deduction, which means this credit will be applied directly to the balance due to the IRS on a homeowner’s tax return or increase their refund. The tax credit gives homeowners extra incentive to invest in ENERGY STAR® qualified Marvin Windows.
For more detailed information on ENERGY STAR® visit www.energystar.gov.
For additional information on the energy efficiency tax credit visit www.irs.gov or www.energystar.gov/taxcredit
Tax Credit Qualification
- Older windows and doors were replaced with more energy-efficient Marvin window and door products that are recognized as ENERGY STAR qualified products. Almost all Marvin products are labeled ENERGY STAR.
- All windows and doors must have been installed by December 31, 2013.
- Save the purchase receipt and all NFRC/Energy Star labels from the windows and doors installed.
- Print the Manufacturer’s Certification Statement needed for the tax credit.
Manufacturer’s Certification Statement
Contact your Marvin representative with any questions.
QUALIFY FOR THE TAX CREDIT WITH MARVIN'S ULTIMATE CASEMENT COLLECTION
The newest, most innovative line of high-performance windows on the market just got even better! Marvin’s Ultimate Casement windows meet the tough energy efficiency requirements to qualify for a tax credit of up to $200.
These beautiful, durable windows feature Marvin’s exclusive “wash mode,” swiveling 140 degrees to let you wash the outside of the window from inside your house.
And they come in a virtually endless variety of sizes, styles and finishes, including new round top and classic push out versions. Our casements also can be built to simulate any style of window, giving you the performance of a modern casement with a classic architectural look.
Marvin’s Ultimate Casement already leads the market in design and performance. Now these revolutionary windows can qualify you for tax savings, too. Get more information on the
Ultimate Casement line.
This summary information is provided as a convenience and may not be relied upon as a substitute for professional tax advice. Marvin Windows and Doors disclaims all responsibility for determining whether a particular product qualifies for this or any other tax credit. All purchasers are advised to consult a professional tax advisor to determine whether the products they purchase qualify for the tax credit. More information is available at www.energystar.gov/taxcredit.