Some simple steps to help you through downsizingBy John Kirchner
At some point, you’re going to downsize. Whether it’s because your children have grown up and moved out or you’ve decided a smaller home is simply more sensible, downsizing is a major decision that shouldn’t be taken lightly.
Luckily, HomeDesignFind.com has laid out some thought-starters to help you transition to a smaller abode when the time comes. (Warning: The following might be upsetting for anyone who struggles to discard old stuff.)
In your old larger space:
- Before you do anything, consider the place you will be moving to
- Once you’ve developed an idea of what you’d like your new space to look like, life gets so much easier!
- Decide on how you will get rid of unneeded goods
- Avoid the storage option
In your new smaller space:
- Choose multi-functional furniture
- Opt for an open space floorplan
- Rid yourself of one-purpose gadgets
- Opt for quality and get rid of the flimsy and rickety
Do any MLuxe readers have tips for downsizing?
[Photo from Houzz]