Getting ready for thanksgivingBy Berit Griffin, Marvin Windows
It’s hard to believe, especially with the unseasonably warm weather in much of the country, that Thanksgiving is almost upon us. For most people, the Turkey Day feasting and festivities aren’t a last-minute impromptu deal. There are traditions to be upheld, food to be made and occasionally even some family holiday squabbling to be soothed. So you’d better be organized!
Better Homes and Gardens has a great Thanksgiving countdown checklist. It’s pretty exhaustive, but here are a few of MLuxe’s favorite tips:
- Don’t forget to order your turkey, especially if you are getting a special bird.
- Make sure you have enough in the way of plates, cups, silverware, etc. Don’t have enough place settings of your fine china? Use the everyday stuff for the kids, or ask your guests to bring some of their china. It will look eclectic and chic!
- Think of something — anything — to keep the kiddos occupied. If it’s warm enough, how about touch football or Capture the Flag? If it’s an indoor day, make sure you have some good board games and DVDs around.
- Set the table the night before — it will take some stress off your day-of preparations.
- Lastly, don’t forget to defrost the turkey with time to spare!
What are your favorite Thanksgiving preparation tips? Does your family have any special traditions? Let us know in the comments!
Photo courtesy of tuchodi on Flickr